DESIGN EXPLORATION: PROJECT PLANNING
–––
20/04/2026 - 18/05/2026 (Week 7 - Week 14)
Irdhina binti Mazli Sham (0366894)
Design Exploration - Bachelor of Design in Creative Media - Taylors University
Project Planning
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- Progress
PROJECT PLANNING
On week 7, I experimented with the 2D layout and how to draw all the assets. This consisted of experimenting with making grass on a plane based on a youtube tutorial and making my own normal map as a test.
Week 8
Later on, I also ended up making some rocks but I ended up not using them after Blender crashed my file....
Week 9
On week 9, I made some of the 3D assets, particularly the bathroom wall, bathtub and sink. However, these ended up not being used because I couldn't do the 3D animation in time for submission and I plan on remaking them for the exhibition.
I also started on the character using Crashune Academy's tutorial playlist on low poly characters.
I struggled a lot with how to execute the hair specifically...
Week 10
On week 10, we had a mandatory presentation for progress check where we had to present what we were working on and how our final outcome can be tweaked for submission based on the feedback given.
Week 11-12
I was on MC and I could not progress on anything...
Week 13
On week 13, I had to rush a lot because I had to work slower in the last two weeks. I finished my character and started to rig and do weight painting.
Once done, I started animating. Here, I had to make scenes in separate Blender files so there would be less chances of crashing.
Since there were some scenes/elements that are animated in 2D, those were animated in Clip Studio Paint. However, since I only had Clip Studio Paint Pro, I was limited to 24 frames per file. On the brightside, this gave me the idea of making the animation purposely choppy to make the world look more fake.
Animating here was a bit all over the place because I would end up going back and forth between After Effects, Blender and Clip Studio Paint. At first, I planned for Jodie to move smoothly compared to everything else but that just looked too off so I scrapped it.
Finally done! All that's left to do is finish the remaining part in time for the exhibition in October. :)












Comments
Post a Comment