CHARACTER DESIGN: FINAL COMPILATION
–––
20/04/2026 - 24/07/2026 (Week 1 - Week 14)
Irdhina
binti Mazli Sham (0366894)
Character Design - Bachelor of Design in Creative Media - Taylors
University
Final Compilation
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- Instructions
- Projects
- Task 1: Personification
- Task 2: Character Design Development
- Task 3: Character Design Execution
- Task 4: Character Board Compilation
- Reflection
INSTRUCTIONS
TASK 1: PERSONIFICATION
TASK 2: CHARACTER DESIGN DEVELOPMENT
TASK 3: CHARACTER DESIGN EXECUTION
TASK 4: CHARACTER BOARD COMPILATION
REFLECTION
EXPERIENCE: Character Design was pretty fun overall! One of my favourite modules by far because I like designing characters and this module gave me a chance to do exactly that. It was really fun developing Peregrine with their appearance and abilities as well as the hypotheticals of what it would mean for someone to be given his boons (would it count as cannibalism...??). Other than that, having a friend and communicating with Ms Ayunie really helped in improving my skills as an artist.
OBSERVATION: I find that there are certain themes I tend to stick to, even when executing them in specific modules could be challenging. In this case, it would be Peregrine's lack of face and how he would express himself. Although in the submission, Peregrine's mask would shift itself to convey their emotions, if I had my way and enough ability to do so, Peregrine would mostly rely on body language and specifically hand gestures in order to express himself.
FINDINGS: Finding references for this module in particular was pretty fun because I could look through many different designs and compositions related to characters, which really gave me lots of inspiration!
Comments
Post a Comment